Do you have plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, or shin splits? If you have lower limb or foot pain, this mobilization exercise can make a huge difference in how you feel. We have an excellent way to mobilize the soft tissues around the bottom of your feet to help eliminate or reduce your lower limb pain.
This exercise will get into the foot’s soft tissues and make movement more pleasant. All you need is a flat floor and a lacrosse ball.
1. Stand straight with your legs apart around shoulder width.
2. Starting with the lacrosse ball on the floor and your active foot on the ball, find a sore spot with the lacrosse ball.
3. Put pressure on the sore spot and roll the ball around. Make sure to not roll aimlessly; focus on sore spots.
4. On each sore spot, contract and relax your foot muscles by clenching and unclenching your toes.
5. Get all along the bottom of your foot behind the ball of your foot. Pay particular attention to the inside of your arch.
6. Using this technique, mobilize each foot for 2 minutes a day, every other day.
7. You won’t clear it all out the first day, but after several days, you should feel better.
This plantar soft tissue mobilization exercise is going to significantly reduce or eliminate your lower limb or foot pain, making exercise and other movements easier. You’ll be pleasantly surprised how quickly doing this mobilization exercise can resolve your feet issues.
Contact Pleasantview Physiotherapy today to schedule an appointment with a physiotherapist to see how simple exercises like plantar soft tissue mobilization can help you reduce pain and enjoy your life more.