Receive Shockwave Therapy for Injuries in Edmonton, AB
Shockwave therapy (SWT) is a treatment option for chronic injuries that uses a high-intensity soundwave to penetrate the skin and reach the soft tissue. Pleasantview Physiotherapy Clinic recommends this therapy to patients in Edmonton, AB who have experienced their chronic injuries for three months or longer. The release of the soundwave’s energy at the treatment site produces a positive healing effect. This non-invasive solution has virtually no side effects and causes rapid healing. For the therapy process, we use a handheld probe to generate acoustic waves, and we apply these energy pulses to the injured area for short periods. The pulses promote a healing response that also reduces pain. The shockwave’s effect revascularizes the injured area, which improves blood flow, muscle tone recovery, and tissue healing.
Components of the SWT Program
Pleasantview Physiotherapy Clinic strives to make shockwave therapy a comfortable and effective treatment for all patients with chronic injuries. Through SWT, we aim to accelerate your tissue healing, reduce any pain or inflammation, and restore your body to normal function and activity. The components of our SWT Program are as follows:
- We perform an initial assessment to determine whether shockwave therapy is appropriate.
- You’ll receive treatment once every five to 10 days and start by booking three to five initial treatments. After these treatments, we’ll wait an additional three weeks with no treatment so that further healing can take place.
Conditions We Treat With SWT
Shockwave therapy is an effective treatment option that shortens recovery time and improves your overall function. Pleasantview Physiotherapy Clinic’s applications are typically associated with conditions like calcifications, chronic tendon, and muscle disorders. Some common conditions we treat with SWT include the following:
- Tennis or Golfer’s Elbow (Medial and Lateral Epicondylitis)
- Achilles Tendonitis (Achillodynia)
- Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis)
- Rotator Cuff Calcification and Tendonitis
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Scar Tissue Treatment
- Plantar Fasciitis, Heel Spurs, or Heel Pain
- Jumpers Knee (Patellar Tendonitis)
- Shin Splints (Media Tibial Stress Syndromes)
- Muscle Sprains, Cramps, and Spasms
- Low Back Pain
- Hip Bursitis and Pain
Get Healing & Pain Relief With Pleasantview Physiotherapy Clinic
The therapists at Pleasantview Physiotherapy Clinic are ready to help you recover from your chronic injuries with shockwave therapy. Let us promote your body’s healing response and reduce the pain and inflammation so that you can return to a normal life.