Massage therapy helps to restore and maintain optimal health and pain free function of the body. It is an effective approach to pain management and rehabilitation. Our registered massage therapist practices Deep Tissue (therapeutic) massage. It is applied with firm pressure and to the deeper layers of the muscle. It is effective in treating and providing relief for a wide range of conditions such as: whiplash, chronic stress/fatigue, back pain and discomfort, tendinitis, bursitis, sciatica, sprains/strains and athletic injuries.
- Relieves muscle spasms
- Increases joint and limb flexibility and range of motion
- Increases ease and efficiency of movement
- Relieves points of tension and overall stress; inducing relaxation
- Relieves tension-related headaches
- Promotes faster healing of soft tissue injuries, such as pulled muscles and sprained ligaments’
- Reduces pain and swelling related to injuries
- Reduces the formation of scar tissue following soft tissue injuries
- Improves posture by changing tension patterns that affect posture
- Reduces emotional or physical stress and promotes feelings of well being
On the client’s first visit, the massage therapist will assess their needs by taking a medical history, listening to their concerns and discerning any other factors that may be contributing to the problem. With this information the therapist will develop a treatment plan with the client and begin the massage. The goal is to assist the individual in returning to their normal activities as quickly as possible.
All of the staff at pleasantview are wonderful but Jackie is the best massage therapist I have ever seen. She really knows what she’s doing and I always feel better after a 1hr massage.
Whether it is for physio or massage I have recommended Pleasantview to many people. From the cheerful greeting by the front desk staff to the excellent treatments and advice from the physios and massage therapists this is an overall awesome place.