Recovery for Edmonton, AB’s Work-Related Injuries
Pleasantview Physiotherapy Clinic has helped countless patients recover from a variety of injuries in Edmonton, AB, many of which are work-related injuries. These injuries may affect a person’s ability to perform their job or other daily tasks, and we make sure patients who’ve suffered an injury on the job get the care they need to regain their strength, range of motion, and endurance. With assistance from our trained and caring therapists, we help you reach your optimal abilities so that you can return to work quickly.
Program Goals for Our Patients
While receiving treatment at Pleasantview Physiotherapy Clinic, we strive to ensure each patient gets personalized attention coupled with our therapists’ extensive knowledge and training. This combination of expertise and focus on the patient enhances our ability to lead them to recovery. We have multiple goals that we strive to achieve with every patient in the program, including the following:
- To help you return to work early
- To encourage you to actively and responsibly participate in your rehabilitation
- To provide optimal care for you by working closely with the Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB)
Components of the Program
The treatment you receive at Pleasantview Physiotherapy Clinic for a work-related injury commonly includes an exercise program. We tailor these programs to each patient’s specific needs and conditions. We design them with the goal of achieving optimal endurance and strength, which is specific to the patient’s job requirements and individual needs. By maximizing your potential, we help you make the transition to a modified or regular work routine as quickly as possible. The components of our program for work-related injuries are as follows:
- We review the incident that led to your injury, take a comprehensive history and perform a complete a clinical assessment, and review available reports.
- Our team evaluates your functional disabilities with respect to your work.
- We establish a comprehensive rehabilitation protocol that may include any of the following:
- Manual Therapy
- Range-of-Motion Exercise
- Muscle Strengthening
- Work-Specific Conditioning
- General Work Conditioning
- Cardiovascular Conditioning
- Modified Work-Stimulation Tasks
Personalized Care for WCB Patients
If you are injured in the workplace and cannot perform your job or daily tasks, Pleasantview Physiotherapy Clinic offers you help through a recovery program tailored to your needs. Please note that all claims from the patient must be approved by the Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB), and Pleasantview Physiotherapy Clinic adheres to the WCB’s reporting standards.