Winter Accident Physiotherapy in Edmonton, AB
Winter Accidents Are Common in Canada
Edmonton, AB often has the perfect weather for winter sports. However, with more chances for winter recreation comes the risk of injury. Too often, snow and ice cause slips falls, and mountains of medical bills. If you’ve been injured during the winter, whether playing a sport or walking home, Pleasantview Physiotherapy is here for you. We provide exceptional therapeutic services for those who have been injured because of the winter weather. Our team has years of combined experience, and we’ve seen it all. No matter your injury, come see us. We’re here to help you recover as quickly as possible.
Physiotherapy Tips to Prevent Winter Sports Injury
We want to help you avoid injury in the first place. Our team has compiled a few tips to ensure your safety during the winter months, whether you participate in winter sports or have to drive icy roads to work. Make sure to keep these safety measures in mind when braving the winter weather:
- Control Your Footing: Be sure to watch where you’re going! Don’t get too comfortable walking on sidewalks or roads, as you could slip and fall on black ice. Be especially careful on stairs and always use the railing.
- Be Alert: This one is applicable all year round—make sure to say aware of your surroundings. Always look both ways before crossing the street, especially in winter when cars may have a difficult time coming to a sudden stop.
- Clear Your Driveways: It’s a good idea to shovel snow and ice off of your driveways. Not only can regular shoveling protect you from a fall, but it’s also great exercise!
- Focus on Core Strength: A strong core can keep you from falling should you trip. Plus, core exercises help to properly align your body and avoid injuries.
- Work on Flexibility: Regular stretching and exercises that enhance your flexibility keep your body ready to take on the cold. We often suggest lunges, squats, and jogging to prepare for winter weather.
We Offer a Variety of Treatment Options
At Pleasantview Physiotherapy, we’re committed to offering the gold standard in treatment options. No matter how you were injured, we want to help you get back to daily activities as soon as possible. We’ll ask you for your medical history and learn a little more about your accident, and then we’ll recommend a treatment program. Your treatment might include a few different approaches depending on your unique circumstances. Our team often recommends the following treatment methods:
- Manual Therapy: Manual therapy uses manipulation and mobilization techniques to relieve pain throughout the body.
- Range-of-Motion Exercises: We’ll work with you to create an exercise regimen that expands your range of motion little by little. Each plan is tailored to our patient’s specific needs.
- IMS and Acupuncture: Intramuscular stimulation and acupuncture are often very effective at alleviating chronic pain from injuries. We may recommend these treatments in conjunction with other methods.
- Stretching: Stretching is crucial for moving comfortably and avoiding future injuries. Our team will give you the proper techniques you need to stretch effectively.
Why Choose Pleasantview Physiotherapy?
Edmonton residents choose Pleasantview Physiotherapy for all their chronic pain needs. We always provide comprehensive services, finding the root of your pain rather than just treating the symptoms. While we specialize in injuries relating to the winter, we welcome you to our clinic at any time of the year. You can expect friendly staff, a comfortable environment, and evidence-based treatment techniques. Don’t settle for physiotherapy that’s second-best!
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Get help for your winter-related injury as soon as possible. We see patients who have suffered all kinds of accidents, from tripping on the sidewalk to falling during hockey practice. The team at Pleasantview Physiotherapy is here to listen to your concerns and come up with a customized treatment plan that will have you back to your normal activities in no time. While we can’t promise an easy recovery process, we can guarantee that we’ll be at your side every step of the way. Contact us today.