- TMJD is a dysfunction of the temporomandibular joint or jaw joint, causing inflammation and pain.
- Pain can also be caused by tightening of the muscles around the jaw, neck, face, and head.
- Can be caused by a wide range of issues from motor vehicle accidents to postural dysfunction to anxiety.
- TMJD assessment includes looking at range of motion of the jaw, posture, life stressors and breathing habits that may be contributing.
- TMJD treatment mainly involves manipulation of the tissues of the face, neck, head and upper body, as well as inside the mouth, when necessary.
- Majority of patients find at least a small amount of immediate relief within their first treatment, with longer standing results becoming more apparent within several treatments.
- Therapist will work with you to develop a self-care plan to combat your symptoms and help you return to a pain-free life!