To decrease your pain and discomfort and retain the range of motion (ROM) in your neck or in any other area of your body that has been injured by the car accident.
Definition of WAD (Whiplash Associated Disorder)
On October 1, 2004, the Government of Alberta implemented the Diagnostic and Treatment Protocol Regulations (DTPR) to promote quick recovery through fast and effective treatment. Based on your WAD classification, you have access to a pre-approved number of treatment sessions that are billed directly to the insurance company. On your first visit, your physiotherapist will determine your WAD classification as follows:
- WAD I: Neck complaint of pain, stiffness, or tenderness. Eligible for 10 visits or 90 days of therapy (whichever comes first).
- WAD II: Neck complaint plus musculoskeletal signs. Eligible for 21 visits or 90 days of therapy (whichever comes first).
- WAD III: Neck complaint plus neurological signs. Outside the DTPR.
- WAD IV: Neck complaint plus fracture or dislocation. Outside the DTPR.
- Education & Advice: Level of activity, sleeping and resting positions, application of ice/heat at home, referral to physician (if indicated), etc.
- Early Mobilisation: Simple stretching and strengthening exercises.
- Manual Therapy: Manual stretching, soft tissue mobilisations, manipulations, etc.
- Modalities: Ultrasound, ice/heat, electrical agents, acupuncture, etc.
- Exercise: As the pain and discomfort of your injuries decreases, your physical therapist will advance your exercise program to help regain full range of motion, strength, early return to normal activities including work and improve your everyday functioning.
I am a sixty three year old male who never goes to the doctor or therapist. After several months of almost unbearable pain which was affecting my personal and professional life my work partner made an appointment with Pleasantview. I had assumed by this time that what I was experiencing was payment for all the years of motorcycling so I would just have to live with it. At my very first meeting Chris said he would fix my issue in a few visits. I am pleased beyond belief how much they have helped me. Thanks so much for giving me my life back.